Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What is Real

You probably wouldn't believe why I chose not to hold the grudge against the people that ruin my life in spite of enduring years of torment. True, I wasted on the young, I'm lonely, wasn't happy throughout my life. Perhaps you might think if it was you, you will hold the vengeance for life and think multiples ways to harm them back until they admit their mistakes and say sorry. Maybe, you think that's a smarter way to solve the problem, to bring back respect.
I thought of doing that too but I stopped, because of one word I heard Jesus says. "Love your enemies." It took me a long time to understand what it means although it look simple. 

When I imagine I look at the globe from the galaxy or via satellite or any other way. I see disasters, war, poverty, grieves, execution that practically draw the world into apocalypse. As a normal human being, I eventually broke down in tears every time I thought about the people involve in the conflicts.  

"The Six-day War (Arab-Israel war) 1967, Yom Kippur War/October War (Arab-Israel) 1973, Battle of the waterloo (Napoleon Bonaparte's Last) 1815, American civil War 1861-1865, Battle of Gettysburg (Pennsylvania USA) 1863, Pear Harbor 1941, Omaha Beach (WWII) 1944, Cold War (USSR) 1947-1991, Berlin wall crisis 1961-1989, Tiananmen Square protests 1989, Assassination of John F. Kennedy 1963, Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy 1968, Black September 1970, All the Lucky Luciano mobsters stories 1897-1962, September 11 2001" and more. 
"Saving Private Ryan" is a real life event movie directed by Steven Spielberg. The story portrays the massacre of the Omaha Beachhead assault June 6 1944 inspired by the monument dedicated to eight brothers who died during the American Civil War. In the movie, it's about a group of soldiers who sacrifices to save one man named Private Ryan all the way from the beginning. You can imagine how dreadful were the situation when you see your close friends got killed, when you see your buddies disintegrated by mines. you hear your peers scream in pain during his amputation surgery in camps. You trembled and shivered  on the beach reverberated with the crack of pistol fire and the rat-tat-tat of machine guns and bombs which will drive you insane, and the feeling of, you don't know when you are going to die. Some veterans came back from combat suffers from gulf-war symptoms. This movie taught me to appreciate my buddies, my friends, my peers and everyone around me. It also taught me teamwork and cooperation, honor. I was truly in tears when I watch this movie.
What could be worst than all these people? Some of them perish for defending their country, Some of them mistakenly shot and therefore die with no purpose. I didn't say these people are wrong whom create all these colossal disaster. Perhaps the world are meant to be like this. However, the core of these problems result from people who never satisfy, who always want to revenge, who are so hungry for glory and power. To me, I think the only thing we can do is to accept the inevitable and change in our self in order to change the picture. Thats why I took the grudge out of my equation. So I will have more time thinking about how to change the world into a better place instead of trying to create another destructive man in the vice city. Life is short, what else could we do. Please forgive and always remember to Love your enemies.

No comments: